All the time right? Then why not make the links garnered by those posts work for for you? A 301 redirect is the best way to do so!
Well, now there’s a quick and easy solution for the more non-technical amongst us. SEP has developed a 301 redirect plugin for WordPress.
What Does It Do?
This plugin permits you to:
- easily 301 redirect any blog post or page (future or past) to any other post or page (internal or external site) by merely entering the url to redirect to.
- choose a specific time and date to have the redirect occur
When to Use:
- when the information in the post has a limited shelf life, and provides no value after the fact
- when you dramatically improve an existing post, and want previous less extensive posts to support the ranking of the new post
- when a post does not rank for the desired terms, redirecting and combining the link power of more than one post may secure the desired rankings.
How to Get it?
Simple …. merely download the file from here http://www.searchenginepeople.com/tools/wp-301redirect.zip
How to Install it?
Here’s a great guide to installing WordPress plugins … How To Install a WordPress Plugin
The plugin is free of charge so go ahead and try it. You may want to bookmark this page though as we’ll make updates to the plugin via this page. Now … feel free to try it!
Jeff Quipp – President and CEO of Search Engine People Inc. I’m a sports fanatic, particularly hockey, but in reality just about any sport. If Toronto had a dog sled team … I’d probably try to get season’s tickets.
Post from: SiteProNews: Webmaster News & Resources
Tags: 301-redirect, article-archives, categories, community, dropjack, featured, home, information, link-to-spn, plugin, privacy, redirect, search, search-engine, seo, sitepronews, technology, tools, webmaster-tools, website-templates
Leave a Reply